About Me …. the face behind the computer
This blog started with one vision and warped into another. Isn’t that the punchline for life?! When I started this blog years ago I was a stay-at-home mom looking for purpose, beyond just being a mom. I wanted to learn to blog like a pro, to photograph food, to teach myself new cooking techniques. Well, I am not a pro blogger and never will be. I now just use an iPhone when I take any picture, a far cry from a photographer. I am not teaching myself new cooking skills these days. I traded the kitchen for the classroom and I am teaching 4 and 5 year old kids some mad skills. And finding purpose? I am beginning to just accept that my purpose is just being myself, whatever that looks like.
So why do I still have this blog? Because one vision has remained the same; I intend to document my motherhood journey, all the while hoping I can help others on a similar journey by sharing recipes (now simple recipes that require no cooking skill), my latest attempts at organization, family fun moments (whatever that looks like with 5 kids) and other motherhood ramblings.
Ten Fun Facts About Me:
1. I am a mom to a handful of kids, four boys and one girl.
2. I have a Masters in Social Work.
3. I am far from “normal.” I actually have a neurological disorder, myoclonus dystonia. Do not ask me to carry your coffee unless you want me to spill it all over you. It sucks, but we all have problems so I just roll with it.
4. I have bad anxiety. I have suffered from both PPA and PPD.
5. I LOVE dark chocolate. The darker the better!
6. I love craft beer but it no longer loves me. I am slowly becoming a wineo.
7. I believe in God.
8. I am addicted to my morning cup of coffee, in a travel mug with a lid of course. My boys know not to talk to me in the morning before my coffee is in my hand.
9. I LOVE the color blue, it makes me happy. I should have known I would have four boys, since the color blue makes me happy.
10. I get paid to play…I am a preschool teacher and LOVE it!
Feel free to contact me anytime at email@example.com